Coming direct from the Yorkshire coast!
There's so much to say, but I'd rather paint it. I'll sum up the first few days:
- caravans with heat are still nit very warm. A long sleeve merino layer under pajamas and a wooly hat worn at all times (even sleeping) rectifies this. Also, don't underestimate the value of a hot water bottle.
- In a gale, your caravan won't blow away. So go ahead and get those 4 hours sleep I lost.
- After a rain storm with above mentioned winds there will be mud. Everywhere. Especially on coastal paths.
- A clifftop walk in said mud is not "just a 5 mile walk". It's a messy adventure! Whee!
- Always remember a geology hammer. However, in a bind, throw rocks against bigger (and harder, important) rocks. Geology caveman style.
- Watercolour pencils work with spit too!