Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Revisiting coast, without the bike

Golden, Chesil Beach
Acrylic on canvas 100x120cm
2009
You might have noticed... I'm not the Cycling Artist in many places anymore. I've changed my Etsy shop name, changed the blog name and banner, and taken most of my cycling adventure out of my artist statement.

Not because I still don't love the cycling - I do. But I've done less of it over the past couple years, with regards to the paintings.

Partly because my head is now full of ideas to paint from where I've already been! And partly because I've been exploring the coast in other ways. A few non-cycling trips, trips to the US coast, and a bit of the coast so accessible from London that I didn't need the bike to get there (Essex and Kent estuary).

Golden II (Chesil Beach)
Acrylic on canvas 100x80cm
2012
The bike will still feature in my coast travels, but I've decided to make it less of a gimmick when talking about the work. Don't worry, you'll still be able to find me by Googling "the cycling artist" and I know that's how some people will recall my work.

But I just might expand into the cycling, walking, and (sometime in 2013) driving artist. (taking my UK driving test next year is the new goal!) I'll be able to explore new areas that have no cycle routes or bridleways, go further west and north, and get into more nooks and crannies that only have foot access.

See the coast paintings tina-m.com
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment :

Lynne E. Windsor said...

Love Golden II. Glorious light! Enjoy learning to drive Tina.. and good luck learning in London!

Follow by Email